Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"We come to God in less-than-perfect condition, scarred and hurt by the choices of others. We carry an orphan's broken heart. God chooses us and offers us a place in His royal family."---Making a Difference in the World One child at a Time by J. Beazely










“I am very special.  I have been from the start.  Before they had me in their arms, they had me in their hearts.  And, like a single drop of rain that on still waters falls, my life and love will make ripples and touch the lives of all.  So read my precious story as step by step I grow.  I am a blessing and a gift as each page here shows.”  unknown


We sent the above package to Zoe through Red Thread which is an organization that delivers gifts to children in orphanages in China.   It included candies for the "aunties".   I hope that when they get such a gift that it helps them take better care of the children.   Amazingly, on Wednesday we received 41 pictures of Zoe during her first year of life.     I will not post all but here are a few.   She is so precious.  Red Thread also gave us information on what Zoe's life is like now.

-She sleeps in a crib by herself but in a room with 11 other children.   I think this is typical and is why Sasha has such a hard time being alone in her bedroom.
-She is not a picky eater and likes to eat snacks.
-She is an introvert and only says a few words.

According to Barker (our agency), our Travel Approval is not enroute yet, so that means it will be likely Friday or Monday until we know what day we will leave.

No comments: